Singapore - A*STAR Graduate Scholarship
This is a collaboration between A*STAR Graduate Academy (A*GA) and NTU. Singaporeans, Singapore Permanent Residents, citizens of ASEAN countries and other international students seeking admission as full-time Ph.D. research candidates in NTU are encouraged to apply for this scholarship.
Successful applicants have to take up Singapore citizenship.
- Graduates with (a) 1st Class Honours or (b) 2nd Upper Honours and good 'A' Level result or polytechnic diploma with merit.
- Open to graduates from NTU, NUS or top overseas universities.
- Candidates must not concurrently hold any other scholarships, awards or fellowships.
- All candidates are encouraged to apply with their GRE scores.
- Applications without GRE test scores will still be considered but successful applicants will have to satisfy the GRE requirement before embarking on their PhD studies.
- The average scores of successful awardees for the combined Verbal and Quantitative components for past batches were 1370 with a standard deviation of 100 with at least 4.5 for the Analytical Writing Components.
- Support for up to four years of Ph.D studies at NTU. The Ph.D degree is awarded by NTU.
- Research in Engineering and Sciences.
- Monthly allowance, full tuition, and other allowances (such as computer allowance, thesis allowance, book allowance, conference allowance).
- Opportunities for overseas attachment of up to 12 months during the Ph.D. studies.
- Successful candidates can take up a two-year post-doctoral fellowship (PDF) in one of the top overseas universities or research laboratories in the scholar's chosen field.
**Rates/allowances are subject to adjustments by A*STAR from time to time.Bond
Upon completion of the post doctoral fellowship, candidates will return to contribute to A*STAR Research Institutes (RIs) for a service commitment period of up to 3 yearsPeriod of application
August semester: Application opens in January
January semester: Application opens in AugustApplication procedure
- To apply for this scholarship, please submit 2 types of applications to the University - application for admission and application for AGS.
- After submitting your online applications, please print the applications and send them with the supporting documents listed in the applications to the following address.
Graduate Studies Office (AGS)Nanyang Technological University
Student Services Centre, Level 3
42 Nanyang Avenue
- The University will send the AGS application to A*STAR for you. Please have the following documents in the 2 sets of applications:
Note: All info is shared here "in good faith" and after all thorough research possible. However, "FATA Awareness Initiative" Team may not be held responsible for any discrepancy in the info that may explicitly and/or implicitly damage anybody's interests. Corrections will, however, be made if any errors in the info are pointed out.
We Hope You find the info useful. Keep visiting this blog and remember to leave your feedback / comments / suggestions / requests.
"FATA Awareness Initiative" Team.